With low-maintenance beauty and privacy from every angle, there is no substitution for a Trex composite fence. The Trex formula is tried and true to outlast and outperform all other fence materials. It’s the type of innovation and quality you expect from the leader in outdoor composite building products. Replace your fence for the last time. Replace it with Trex.
TREX VS WOOD
Everyone loves the natural look of wood but hates all the painting, staining and sealing. Wood fencing of all types, including pressure-treated wood, cedar or redwood, require extensive upkeep. Trex was designed with the beauty of wood fencing, but not all the maintenance. Our high-performance, eco-friendly composite boards withstand years of sun, sleet and snow. Through it all, we have never felled a single tree. So when comparing composite fencing vs. wood, there’s no competition.
Whereas Trex is low-maintenance, wood decks:
- Can rot, split, swell, twist and fade
- Crack from insect infestation
- Require annual painting, staining or sealing
- Splinter easily
- Contribute to deforestation
TREX VS VINYL
Vinyl fencing is another low-maintenance alternative to wood. Just like composite, vinyl can resist rot, termites and mold. However, vinyl fencing is far less environmentally friendly, produced mostly from virgin plastic. Compare that to the ultra-green Trex board: made with 95% recycled materials and eco-friendly manufacturing processes, Trex never loses its sophisticated performance.
Whereas Trex keeps its beauty, vinyl fences:
- Are prone to chalking
- Are more likely to shrink and expand with temperature fluctuations than composites
- Become brittle over time and crack
- Are recommended for use with after-market cleaning products to maintain aesthetics over time